This workshop is designed for people who have very little experience with statistics. We strongly recommend that participants view our Basic Data and Research Skills workshop on our Cornell VOD Page beforehand. We will focus on basic analyses, procedures and best practices that any researcher should consider when faced with a new dataset. All this will be explored in a hands-on fashion using the free statistical software jamovi.Topics that will be covered include:
- Understanding variable types
- Creating and recoding new variables
- Exploratory univariate data analysis and summary statistics
- Bivariate data analysis
- Graphing and visualizing data
- Finding help and reading documentation
Downloading jamovi:If you intend follow along with the analysis during the workshop, please make sure that you have the latest version of jamovi.You will need to download and install jamovi. jamovi can be downloaded at: https://www.jamovi.org/download.html.