Introductory Statistics Using R
This workshop is designed for people who have very little experience with statistics. We strongly recommend that participants attend our Basic Data Analysis or Basic Data and Research Skills workshop beforehand. We will focus on the basic analyses, procedures and best practices that any researcher should consider when faced with a new dataset. All this will be explored in a hands-on fashion using the free statistical software package R.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Understanding variable types
- Creating and recoding new variables
- Exploratory univariate data analysis and summary statistics
- Bivariate data analysis
- Graphing and visualizing data
- Finding help and reading documentation
None to members of the Cornell community, but registration is required. Since space is limited, early registration is encouraged.
For times and locations of upcoming workshops, please see the Workshop Schedule.